Forums lol.

Jroy ~ R.I.P.

Surfing the Web? Stop in for a pint. Anything goes.
Ori*n
Funkmaster General
Character Name(s): [armory]Orionsole[/armory]
[armory]Orinsole[/armory]
[armory]Apokolips[/armory]
[armory]Orithana[/armory]
[armory]Apokolyps[/armory]
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Jroy ~ R.I.P.

Post by Ori*n »

His name is Joshua Royer

Last Active: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:45 am

We knew him as Jroy...

Some of you may be aware and this is old news - to others, in the internet world we inhabit from time to time, news sometimes doesn't travel as fast. People come and people go, often without question or wonder when they "disappear." As a guild we had been done raiding and waiting for Cataclysm...Jroy stopped playing...This was passed on from a brother...

Obituary
In his nearly 2 years as an active member and raider of our guild, some of you probably knew Jroy more than others. He was a consistent raider and a fun guy to have around. He was an active member of the guild - never causing a problem and always eager to participate in groups, raids, and pvp (and Fantasy Football) :mrgreen:

From his Application:
Jroy wrote:My name is Josh, I'm 24 and a broker for TDAmeritrade. I am a huge fan of professional football/baseball/basketball. On the weekends I like to fish, camp, golf, drink, party, ect. I am from Omaha and the College World Series has been here this past week, if you have not experienced it, it is truely amazing. Beer Tent hopping outside the stadium is more fun then being inside for the game tbh.

I actually was looking at apping to House Sole at the start of WOTLK as I wasn't in a major guild at the time. I have been very impressed with the website and from what I can tell the leadership seems very solid. Anytime I have pugged with HS member they have been quality players. The main reason is also that your raid times are very reasonable and I can tell you guys get quite a bit accomplished without spending 30 hours a week in a raid instance. I understand you probably do not need a feral druid, I am also looking for a good 10 man as the trade chat "LFM FL ONLY ULDUAR!!!" Pugs do not work for me.
In the game we play, we step away from a reality to enjoy each other's company - our free time together with common goals and to find in our own individual way, an esacpe. As we all know in our own way, REAL LIFE HAPPENS! To some, this is just a game - to others it plays a much bigger part in defining who they are and their lifestyle.
Wherever you are in this mess we call World of Warcraft and House Sole it sometimes is important to step back and not take for granted what we have in-game and out. I hope in your own way you remember Josh this day and find peace in your reality.

Thus was borne a new House Sole, where Brotherhood 1st all else 2nd served as law...
[armory gearlist]Orionsole[/armory]
------------------------------------------------------------
It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin
randomness
Character Name(s): Nasirjones
Nasirsole

Re: Jroy ~ R.I.P.

Post by randomness »

Wow. Jroy was a great guy. Very positive and just all around cool. It's sad to lose him. May he rest in peace.
Slaye

Post by Slaye »

I had no idea.

I was just thinking about him yesterday. He was a great guy and will be missed.
Kraken
Character Name(s): [armory]Krakensole[/armory]
[armory]Fatbeard[/armory]

Post by Kraken »

I will miss him greatly...

He was always a guy who knew exactly what he wanted from the game. Easily stepped in and out when it suited him and made sense in his life. I had many conversations with him joking back and forth trying to get him to play with us more frequently...

I don't even know what more to say, but that I lost a friend. Even though its a game, the friendships are real.

Peace be with you my brother...
"I looked, but I could find nothing wrong with your post's grammar. Who are you and what have you done with Kraken!?"
Morixi
Character Name(s): Morixi

Post by Morixi »

When I first heard about this, I was in shock. Even though we only knew each other ingame and at the end of the day we turn off our computers and go on with RL, I can't deny the fact that real friendships form ingame. He was an awesome guy and one of the best kittys I know. My deepest sympathies to his family and may he be surrounded by angels.. very hawt angels ^_^ Rest in peace Jroy
nanger
Character Name(s): Nanger,Annok

Post by nanger »

jroy was always a really good friend of mine, really sucks that this happened to such a good dude
ImageImage
Angel_C
Character Name(s): Legna, Delicious, Airelanna, Wonkalicious

Post by Angel_C »

I'm no longer a part of HS, but when Nanger told me about this I felt the need to re-register and pay my respects. I didn't play with Jroy often, but when I did he was always really respectful and a cool guy. This saddens me to see a fellow player pass. Through all things Orion is right....this does make us reflect back on ourselves and be grateful for the experiences that we share with other players in game and out. For time is a precious gift that is given to us, and it can be taken away at any time. Jroy was a fantastic player and an even better person. He was sincere, funny, intelligent, and always willing to help. Ik that the times he helped me out were much appreciated. I hope everyone takes the time to think/pray for him today. Though this happened so long ago, it will always be a part of us. He was a brother and friend to us all.

You will be missed Jroy. Thank you for everything. May you forever be in our prayers. :) <3 Peace be with you and your loved ones.

~Angel
Brad
Character Name(s): Annarinden, Bradsole, Apollos, Deathnoob
Gamertag: really BAD BRAD
Batletag: Baal#1597

Post by Brad »

Really intense. My prayers are with his family. Great dude from what I remember playing with him.
brasco
Character Name(s): Dramnol
Tamorc
brasco

Post by brasco »

This is crazy. Reminds us of our own mortality. He was a great guy to play the game with and in general. Dont even know what to say really but R.I.P
Gawyne
Character Name(s): Bryony (previously Merily), Gawyne, Argo

Post by Gawyne »

I just heard. I knew Jroy from even before I joined House Sole. Great guy. Too good of a guy for something like this. He will be missed.
Nimaji
Character Name(s): Inijma,
Imajin,
Maijin,
Minjai,
Nimaji
Gamertag: jaiminx2
Batletag: Nimhaji#1633

Post by Nimaji »

Mother Fucker. Dude owed me 20 bucks.

But Srsly that hurts. Always laid back and fun to pvp with, and against(lol), there's nothing better about this game than good company. I know I'll def miss him greatly.

Next drink's for you Brother.

~jtk2
Gearscore is like a bikini. What it reveals is suggestive, what it conceals is vital, and what it does is generally distracting.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

temet nosce.

"There's nuts in everything I eat."
-Morixi
Fiddlesnarf
Character Name(s): [armory]Fiddlesnarf[/armory]

Post by Fiddlesnarf »

I don't have much to say, I don't think we even spoke much, if at all, and I couldn't regret that more than now, but I know he was a solid part of House Sole and will continue to be. I know he was one of the best Feral Druids I knew and one of the best House Sole will ever have.
Heelzorz
Character Name(s): Heelzorz
Gamertag: AKillEaze164

Post by Heelzorz »

R.I.P. Jroy, I didn't really get a chance to ever play with him all that much, but when i did, he was a great guy to be around. It's a shame the good die young.