Forums lol.

Hey All

Surfing the Web? Stop in for a pint. Anything goes.
Starboom
Character Name(s): Starboom

Hey All

Post by Starboom »

How is WoW these days? I quit do to me going back to school. Life has been awesome since I stopped playing - all the dam studying I have to do. I hope all you guys/girls are doing well and kicking ass. I figured I would say hi to HS, since I played with you all the most. Take care and best of luck :D
-Starboom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Number one rule of raiding: Individual Responsibility.
Raiding is 5% skill, 10% gear and 85% teamwork.

Zephyr
Character Name(s): Zephyr, Jeopardy
Gamertag: xXx HELIX xXx
Batletag: Helix#1513

Re: Hey All

Post by Zephyr »

Boom Boom!

There is a public tavern forum yo! Gratz on RL and what are you studying?!
Starboom

Post by Starboom »

Hey Jep, How are you doing these days?I am studying Computer Networking.....I will be a Network Engineer when I am done
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morixi
Character Name(s): Morixi

Post by Morixi »

hi Star! gl with ur studies. i miss 2 manning low level dungeons ^_^
Zephyr

Post by Zephyr »

I'm good. So how long will your studies take before you are a full fledged network engineer?
Starboom

Post by Starboom »

Hey! Morixi, thanks......I miss playing WoW everyday.........I did delete it off my computer just to make sure I wouldn't play and I do not read anymore websites daily about WoW.
Jep, the program takes 2 years, it offered by the college here in town and the program is from Cisco.........After I graduate, I have to study (you have to study for atleast a month everyday)for a huge test that Cisco has, then I will be a Cisco Certified Network Engineer.............then I could get out of here and work for a big corporation......but my internship might lead to something ^^ and the school helps with job placement. So everything should workout fantastic.

noobar
Character Name(s): Hans, Atatse, Noobar, Raboon

Post by noobar »

where have you been?!?!? no excuses.......but making a life is a pretty good reason lol
Zephyr

Post by Zephyr »

Good luck with your studies Boom.

Sounds like a good program, I hope you are really interested in computers/networks/routers/switches/communication protocols/etc.
Starboom

Post by Starboom »

Hey Noobar!.........I've been enjoying life and school.........Thanks Jep.........Its information overload right now, but all very interesting..........I'll be logging on over winter break.........sometime in Dec........I'll look you up. Take Care.

randomness
Character Name(s): Nasirjones
Nasirsole

Post by randomness »

Sup boom. My brother-in-law does that type of stuff. He's an IT guy but he didn't go to school for it. It's a tough market for anyone right now but that job placement thing is great. Hope everything works out with that. How's your neighbors doing, btw? =)
Muksis
Character Name(s): Muksis

Post by Muksis »

Starboom wrote:Hey! Morixi, thanks......I miss playing WoW everyday.........I did delete it off my computer just to make sure I wouldn't play and I do not read anymore websites daily about WoW.
Jep, the program takes 2 years, it offered by the college here in town and the program is from Cisco.........After I graduate, I have to study (you have to study for atleast a month everyday)for a huge test that Cisco has, then I will be a Cisco Certified Network Engineer.............then I could get out of here and work for a big corporation......but my internship might lead to something ^^ and the school helps with job placement. So everything should workout fantastic.
So what cert are you after ?
CCNA (Certified Cisco Network Analyst) Entry
CCNP (Certified Cisco Network Professional) Mid level
or
CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) The highest network certification in the world, harder to pass then the BAR exam or state medical exam

I'm a double CCIE Route Switch/Security and CCDE <CCDE is the design engineer>

Good luck if you are going for CCIE it has a 90% failure rate, the written is easy the labs a bitch, nothing can prepare you for the lab except experience.
When WoW players get together in large groups, it’s called a raid. Because when you have no motor, people or communication skills, the best thing to do is glue yourself to 24 identical morons. Now that you have 25 mouths screaming different curses and 50 feet running in different directions, you have a perfect simulation of every birth defect and psychological disorder known to science, and are ready for a grand adventure!
PsychoSole
Character Name(s): [armory]Fenixia[/armory]
[armory]Psychosole[/armory]

Post by PsychoSole »

Star likes men!

That is all!
Shanehar
Character Name(s): Eldruidd

Post by Shanehar »

Cisco IOS = aggrivating. GL to you sir.
"A word to the wise: a credentials dicksize war is usually a bad idea on the
net."

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
Muksis
Character Name(s): Muksis

Post by Muksis »

Shanehar wrote:Cisco IOS = aggrivating. GL to you sir.

IOS and Catos are cake thought you where a unix guy, guess not!! :)
When WoW players get together in large groups, it’s called a raid. Because when you have no motor, people or communication skills, the best thing to do is glue yourself to 24 identical morons. Now that you have 25 mouths screaming different curses and 50 feet running in different directions, you have a perfect simulation of every birth defect and psychological disorder known to science, and are ready for a grand adventure!
Induction

Post by Induction »

Hi Star!! Its been a LONG time. Good to hear your going the IT route. I finally just got a new job after difficult layoffs. Good Luck to you.