Welcome!

Latest and Greatest from House Sole
Dryness
Site Admin
Character Name(s): Dryness, Wetness
Batletag: Dryness#1478

Welcome!

Post by Dryness »

Yes, I'm aware it's a little bit dark around here... especially on the main page.
I'll be fixing that after I get some sleep.

There are a few things that still need touching up, to try and get the site to "flow".

If you notice your avatar, signature, or any other image(s) are missing, please let me know. I tried to get it all, but it's possible some slipped through the cracks.
Any bugs, report them as well.

Yes, I know I lost the Raid Signups, you can get to any leftovers by going to http://housesole.890m.com/phpraid/ Once the last raid is completed, that page will be inaccessible.

Also - for some reason the forums aren't taking up the full width of the page... again, morning.

Again, let me know if you see something that needs some changing, and I'll do what I can... things go fuzzy after 3 hours... in the morning... on a Monday... from 1am to 5am... wait... that's 4 hours...
Steam: Dryness Wii Code: 0334 1765 2067 2259 Last.FM: Dryness

PSN ID: Atomik_Penguin
Izzylock

Re: Welcome!

Post by Izzylock »

just a few footnotes and things i noticed:

@phpraid, the iframe you've used isn't set properly, due to limitations on iframe, resizing automaticly to php pages is impossible, so setting a standard length for the longest page in the application will ensure the page will always be fully viewable. Currently the Raid SIgnups page is not fully viewable, while this particular page isn't in use yet, this will need to be addressed before it goes live. just cloneing the $content = portion of the DKP referrer will work, just change the link and you should be good to roll.

@forums

possible reasons are the particular " theme " used is built dinky rather than full screen should be a simple CSS fix using percentages (i.e. table.body width: 100%) or something silly like that... (most decent themer's keep it simple like that and apply overall style settings in one shot, rather than having to recode it at every dev / page / table

@phpsighups

i use a nifty program called navicat, if you have remote access to the sql, you can simply import it from the old database to the new, then manually edit the tables where link / url / domain / cootie settings should be changed
depending on your php / sql expertise, you can also create a php based sql importing page where you can further customize what sql entries you wish to process, and wich you wish to alter during the transfer

Nice roster tie in :D Might want to limit it to members and above, don't want just anyone off the net seeing what's in there :D

@any errant SQL problems:

Not sure about MsSQL, but i know for a fact that mysql uses ' and " as field seperators, if you run into issues where full SQL imports fail, try looking for misplaced ' or " in the fields data. a prime example of this would be me typing " that's amore " and it not being escaped properly before getting sent to the database, it would work on input, but fail on import. i.e. php would put in "that's amore" but when you try to import that from one database to another you may see that SQL complains because it see's "that", 's amore";

i've sent you a PM with the new logo's you requested, feel free to delete this post if you want..

-=[ this post will self destruct when Microsoft follows standards of coding practices ]=-
Anewak
Character Name(s): Anewak
Gathererer
Little
Sneakster
Anewaker
Gamertag: Anewak

Post by Anewak »

I like the colors! Goes well with my hellcat =D

Though we're lacking the green flair of our tabard, hmm
Ori*n
Funkmaster General
Character Name(s): [armory]Orionsole[/armory]
[armory]Orinsole[/armory]
[armory]Apokolips[/armory]
[armory]Orithana[/armory]
[armory]Apokolyps[/armory]
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n »

I can bring the green...all my purple posts are bad now ... :P

btw...nice job dry...a new home for House Sole...
[armory gearlist]Orionsole[/armory]
------------------------------------------------------------
It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin
minislap
Character Name(s): Slapscruffy

Post by minislap »

I like the new colors. I would of prefered the green and black but this isn't so bad.
Soulessmae

Post by Soulessmae »

This looks hella sexy! Good job!
The one who dies and make House Sole raids official
Ando
Character Name(s): Ando
Gamertag: Ando Sole

Post by Ando »

I"m havning problems login in under firefox. I can get on with shitplorer but can't with the fox.

I already cleard out my cookies and what not but stll nothing.
When I was your age, we had to blow on our video games to make them work!!!
minislap wrote: HS 4 Life (Unless Ando pisses me off again)
You guys QQ more than a child with aids
minislap
Character Name(s): Slapscruffy

Post by minislap »

Linking youtube videos break the site. I tried to post one in the officers forums and it wont let me load the page it is on now..
PsychoSole
Character Name(s): [armory]Fenixia[/armory]
[armory]Psychosole[/armory]

Post by PsychoSole »

minislap wrote:I like the new colors. I would of prefered the green and black but this isn't so bad.
I would have to agree that the "old school" colors from NWN would be better and I would prefer them but these dont look too bad :?
Ori*n
Funkmaster General
Character Name(s): [armory]Orionsole[/armory]
[armory]Orinsole[/armory]
[armory]Apokolips[/armory]
[armory]Orithana[/armory]
[armory]Apokolyps[/armory]
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n »

Anytime you use green text you must end your post..."copywrite Orion"
This color is mine muwahahahaha
[armory gearlist]Orionsole[/armory]
------------------------------------------------------------
It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin
randomness
Character Name(s): Nasirjones
Nasirsole

Post by randomness »

ewwwwww
Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Izzylock wrote:just a few footnotes and things i noticed:

@phpraid, the iframe you've used isn't set properly, due to limitations on iframe, resizing automaticly to php pages is impossible, so setting a standard length for the longest page in the application will ensure the page will always be fully viewable. Currently the Raid SIgnups page is not fully viewable, while this particular page isn't in use yet, this will need to be addressed before it goes live. just cloneing the $content = portion of the DKP referrer will work, just change the link and you should be good to roll.
I'm actually using a dynamic iFrame for it, the javascript they have on the page is breaking it. I'll be working on that for the majority of the day.
@forums

possible reasons are the particular " theme " used is built dinky rather than full screen should be a simple CSS fix using percentages (i.e. table.body width: 100%) or something silly like that... (most decent themer's keep it simple like that and apply overall style settings in one shot, rather than having to recode it at every dev / page / table
Yup, like I said, will be fixing that in a bit, just woke up now >.>
@phpsighups

i use a nifty program called navicat, if you have remote access to the sql, you can simply import it from the old database to the new, then manually edit the tables where link / url / domain / cootie settings should be changed
depending on your php / sql expertise, you can also create a php based sql importing page where you can further customize what sql entries you wish to process, and wich you wish to alter during the transfer
The reason behind leaving the database behind is two-fold.
1) The version we WERE running, is horridly out-dated, and it's a bigger pain in the ass to update than a fresh install.
2) The SQL database changes required from old to new is just stupid. Also, it's not like there was much invested in it... nobody needs to see old raids anyways.
Nice roster tie in :D Might want to limit it to members and above, don't want just anyone off the net seeing what's in there :D
Bah, forgot that... had it in my "things to do" but must've missed it.

@any errant SQL problems:

Not sure about MsSQL, but i know for a fact that mysql uses ' and " as field seperators, if you run into issues where full SQL imports fail, try looking for misplaced ' or " in the fields data. a prime example of this would be me typing " that's amore " and it not being escaped properly before getting sent to the database, it would work on input, but fail on import. i.e. php would put in "that's amore" but when you try to import that from one database to another you may see that SQL complains because it see's "that", 's amore";
There shouldn't be any errant SQL issues, everything is a fresh install and I just exported the database and modded everything to point to the correct, new, locations.
i've sent you a PM with the new logo's you requested, feel free to delete this post if you want..
Thanks, put it up already. Replied to said PM
-=[ this post will self destruct when Microsoft follows standards of coding practices ]=-
So.... never?

@Slap
Linking youtube videos break the site. I tried to post one in the officers forums and it wont let me load the page it is on now..
Alright, I'll take a look at it... I have a feeling I know what happened...

ALSO

Because I changed the position of the profile (was on right, now left side of your posts), anyone who's got an avatar that comes into your post, please resize them. I imposed a new size limit on the avatars, but it's not retroactive. Max dimensions are now 200x300.

Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Slap - I have no idea why you're having problems with the youtube links...
They're loading just fine for me... in fact, the entire "New Obligatory Video Thread" loads and plays just fine.
Try hitting that link and let me know what you get.

@Forum width - Go figure, the forum body width is a pain in the ass. The background images are causing issues... the body does, in fact, go 100% (when i make the change), but the background images stay static... more numbers I need to fuck around with and don't have time for right now. Will be addressed shortly.

@Guild Bank - Is now set to you needing to be in Guildie group+ to see. Just registering won't load the page now.

@PHPRaid - setting that to a fixed height for the time being.

And, for what it's worth... you can get to the site with or without the leading www.

Izzylock

Post by Izzylock »

Dryness wrote: I'm actually using a dynamic iFrame for it, the javascript they have on the page is breaking it. I'll be working on that for the majority of the day.

i've tried these java based dynamic resizing, but have yet to find one that works, the issue is because php pages literally have no content to them most times, that when the iframe initially loads, it sizes itself to your width / length settings, if you try using a percentage, it wil load fine width wide, but because the iframe doesn't see any content on the php page it never loads length wise correctly. java page loaders won't fix this.

if you actually do get this to work, gimme da code, cause i could use it all over the place :D

send me a link to the forum theme, and i'll take a looksee at it, if it's just a " border " image issue, you can always replace them with a static colour
Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Everyone - Please keep in mind the new layout... the profiles are on the left, so in some instances people's avatars are breaking the borders and overlapping their text in posts. As I see these, I'm resizing them and re-uploading them. If you guys could fix them yourselves, it'd be fantastic...

One positive note, though. You can now use

Code: Select all

[item]Shiny Red Apple[/item] and [item]4536[/item]
To get your item links.
[item]shiny red apple[/item]

You can also use

[spell]Frostbolt[/spell] and [spell]116[/spell]
To get spell links.
[spell]116[/spell]

Not to mention