Latest and Greatest from House Sole
Dryness
Site Admin
Character Name(s): Dryness, Wetness
Batletag: Dryness#1478

Re: Welcome!

Post by Dryness »

What the hell, why not.
I ninja'd the avatars from Blizzard's forums, the Class/Race/Level-specific ones (players) and Blizzard Employee animated ones.
If you want to make one your avatar...
User Control Panel -> Profile Tab -> Edit Avatar -> Display Gallery.

Choose you avatar (defaults to the Animated WoW ones, click the drop-down for static class/race specific ones), and hit Submit.
Steam: Dryness Wii Code: 0334 1765 2067 2259 Last.FM: Dryness

PSN ID: Atomik_Penguin
Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Ninja update:

The front page now has the Ventrilo status available for all to see. Best part - if you click on the server name/port/ip address, you'll be prompted for the password to login, at which point it will auto-magically launch Ventrilo (after you accept IE/FF's prompt) and sign you in.

Forum is now (almost) 100% screen width. The 5% on the left and right is to keep the style flowing. Izzy (once again) had more patience to deal with the terribly coded CSS which was preventing me from resizing it the easy way. Hooray.

New Online/Offline icons... that way your Avatars don't get in the fucking way. Resize them if they're too large though, please. It should be noticed I shrunk the Avatar size down (again) to 160x300. This keeps them on their side of the dividing line.

You can now see what you're typing when making a post/reply! Black on... whatever colour the background is... is easier to read then white on... this colour.

Yay Izzy! He's graciously updated our banner so it's flash-y... but not too flashy. And because he made it all one SWF file (instead of all his fancy-schmancy javascripted/flash combination) it now works on the forums correctly.

The front page has undergone some changes as well... and it's now the focus of my time. The background colour for the posts has lightened a bit, and the text for news posts has also increased in contrast. I'm still trying to find the right colour balance, though.

For the most part, though, everything is working beautifully... and since we're on a paid webhost now, you guys shouldn't expect any downtime at all. And just a reminder - after tonight, the old website (housesole.890m.com) is going to be coming down. The only reason for it being up now is for Anewak's ZA sign-ups.

Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

So... now I'm thinking. Not usually a good thing. Especially not at *checks clock* 4:30 in the AM.
Maybe I'm just not used to them yet... but what do you guys think of the post icons? The ones that indicate a new post/thread/reply?

Are they bright enough? Distinct enough from each other that you can tell the difference at a glance and I'm just going blind/asleep?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Brad
Character Name(s): Annarinden, Bradsole, Apollos, Deathnoob
Gamertag: really BAD BRAD
Batletag: Baal#1597

Post by Brad »

Kinda hard to tell the difference with new posts. Make it a little brighter I say.
Dram
Character Name(s): [armory]Dramadin[/armory]

Post by Dram »

Dry, thanks for all the hard work!
'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
Brad
Character Name(s): Annarinden, Bradsole, Apollos, Deathnoob
Gamertag: really BAD BRAD
Batletag: Baal#1597

Post by Brad »

Dram wrote:Dry, thanks for all the hard work!
Yes thanks for making our forums a better place. But you are still a dirty Canadian.