@BT May 11

Strats for bosses in Mount Hyjal and Black Temple
Dryness
Site Admin
Character Name(s): Dryness, Wetness
Batletag: Dryness#1478

@BT May 11

Post by Dryness » Sun May 11, 2008 5:08 pm

First off, fan-fucking-tastic job everyone. It goes to show that we can do BT, and to continue with O's "State of the Funk", we've come a long way and we're only going to get better.

I'd like to thank you all for putting up with me for the raid, and if you guys think I need to change the way I do things... go fuck yourself. As we go through Black Temple, we'll get better, and we'll learn even more. You can only prepare for so much by reading strats and watching videos, but the best kind of learning is the hands-on type. We 3-shotted High Warlord, and we've got Supremus down the next time we see him.

High Warlord Naj'entus
We did really well here, I think next time we see him, he'll go down easily. I don't think there's anything that we can really change to make it go smoother... people need to be spread out and paying attention to their surroundings. One thing I would encourage all our Healers to get (who use BigWigs) is: BigWigs_NajAssist.
It shows you a list of everyone under 8500HP, so you can get them topped off quicker. It's what I used to call it out, and the more people that have it, the faster things go.

Supremus
This was messier. The trash we've got down... it's cake, big thanks to Xintho for lending a hand (yes, I know he can't see this).
The actual attempts were hit and miss... people were getting smoked by the Volcanoes because they were standing still and casting, others were getting hit by incinerates... really not that hard to avoid... you fucking see a blue flame coming at you. Move!
What I'd like to see:
- During Phase 1 - Burn him. Down. Fast.
- Phase 2 - Stop casting, just start running away.
-- We're gonna try a new strat next time... we'll clear ALL the trash in the zone, and "Bowl" with Supremus. During Phase 1, tank him where he stands. During Phase 2, we all run DOWN the "bowling lane" to where we entered the zone until the timer is up and he goes back to Phase 1. When he switches, back to burn phase, get behind him, and when he hits Phase 2 again, we run back to the top. Rinse and repeat. It keeps people moving, it keeps the volcanoes behind us, and it (hopefully) keeps us alive.

--------

If anyone has other ideas, thoughts or suggestions, post them here. I'm honestly interested in what you have to say. And by that, I mean not really but I can fake it with the best of them.
Steam: Dryness Wii Code: 0334 1765 2067 2259 Last.FM: Dryness

PSN ID: Atomik_Penguin

scott
Character Name(s): .

Re: @BT May 11

Post by scott » Sun May 11, 2008 6:36 pm

it was a good time. props for leading dry.
Grib while talking in vent about angels pictures "My friends this is where boners come from!" "although if i was going to date her id have to break up with my hand." "i guarantee within the next 5 years i will bang her."

Ori*n
Funkmaster General
Character Name(s): [armory]Orionsole[/armory]
[armory]Orinsole[/armory]
[armory]Apokolips[/armory]
[armory]Orithana[/armory]
[armory]Apokolyps[/armory]
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Re: @BT May 11

Post by Ori*n » Mon May 12, 2008 1:11 am

Dryness wrote:-- We're gonna try a new strat next time... we'll clear ALL the trash in the zone, and "Bowl" with Supremus. During Phase 1, tank him where he stands. During Phase 2, we all run DOWN the "bowling lane" to where we entered the zone until the timer is up and he goes back to Phase 1. When he switches, back to burn phase, get behind him, and when he hits Phase 2 again, we run back to the top. Rinse and repeat. It keeps people moving, it keeps the volcanoes behind us, and it (hopefully) keeps us alive.

If the entire raid stays in front of him and keeps range so he doesn't sprint this should work nicely. It should also put the tanks in position to better grab him on the change...one of the issues last night was zig-zagging accross the path, there were lots of problems getting to him as incinerates and volcanoes started to pop.

I think this will work better...
[armory gearlist]Orionsole[/armory]
------------------------------------------------------------
It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin