Strats for bosses in Mount Hyjal and Black Temple
Dryness
Site Admin
Character Name(s): Dryness, Wetness
Batletag: Dryness#1478

[BT Strat]High Warlord Naj'entus

Post by Dryness » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:48 am

Buffs, Pots and Consumables
Frost Protection Potions are extremely useful in this encounter.
Have your rogues bring [item]Wound Poison[/item]
Use any food or buff you have to boost your HP as much as you can. [item]feltail delight[/item]/[item]spicy crawdad[/item], [item]blackened sporefish[/item], etc.
Everybody needs to have an absolute minimum of 8,500 HP. 10,000 HP on every single member is highly recommended, and for most raids should be made a requirement..

Boss Abilities

HP approx. 4,000,000
Melee hits for about 3.5k on plate
Enrage timer = 8 minutes

Needle Spine - Fires a needle spine at 3 targets, most often in a cone, dealing 2890 to 3910 physical damage to them and an additional 2280 to 2520 frost damage to everyone in 6 yards of them. He uses that ability all the time, except while under the Tidal Shield and about 10 seconds after Tidal Shield bursts.

Impaling Spine - Fires a massive spine, impaling the target, dealing 4513-4987 physical damage and stunning the target. While the target has the Impaling Spine on him, he will be completely immobilised and bleed for 2750 damage each second. This ability is not used on the Main Tank and cannot be removed with immunity abilities. Ice Block, Pally Bubbles, etc.

The spine is a huge coral missile you will see sticking out of the target's chest. When another player runs close to it, they will get the gold cog mouse pointer and will be able to right click on the missile to instantly loot it into their inventory. When the spine is in your inventory, it does not deal any damage or have any effect on you. You can carry up to 5 spines. They can be thrown like a snowball, doing so is the only way of bursting the Tidal Shield.

Tidal Shield - He uses this ability every 60 seconds. While the shield is up, he is immune to all spells and attacks. While the Tidal Shield is up, Naj'entus will regenerate 1% of his health every 2 seconds, though this healing is affected by Wound Poison or Mortal Strike. You need to bring down the shield fast. The only way to do this is by bursting it by throwing an Impaling Spine at him. Upon bursting, the bubble deals 8500 frost damage to everyone. It is resistable and affected by Divine Shield, Iceblock and Cloak of Shadows.

Strategy

Positioning

As much as possible, everybody needs to stand 6 yards apart to avoid the additional Needle Spine damage.
Melee stand together in 2 "packs" which are 6 yards apart from each other.
Ranged DPS and Healers spread around Naj'entus any way they want as long as they are 6 yards apart from each other.

The Fight
He is tanked in the middle of the room, with the raid spread out around him. The tank should be given at least 10-15 seconds to grab solid aggro. Naj'entus will start throwing Needle Spines at people from the very moment he is pulled.

His first Tidal Shield will come up 60 seconds after the pull, and the second shield will come 60 seconds after the first one is cast and so on, throughout the fight.

At 20 and 40 seconds into the fight after the pull, and every 20 and 40 seconds after the first Tidal Shield, Naj'Entus will throw one Impaling Spine into a random person. People around that person need to stop whatever they're doing and immediately click on the spine from melee range in order to pick it up into their inventory.

Melee DPS need to keep Mortal Strike or Wound Poison up on Naj'entus at all times.

After the 60 second mark is reached, he will use his Tidal Shield ability. During that time he cease all other abilities and will only do melee attacks on the main tank. You must heal up everybody above 8,500 health in a few seconds and then have a person throw the Impaling Spine at Naj'Entus by clicking on it in their inventory. The spine will fly towards Naj'Entus as fast as a snowball or other thrown object and will burst his Tidal Shield, dealing 8,500 damage to everybody in the raid. A good idea is to use your Frost Protection Potions the moment he pops up Tidal Shield.

After the Tidal Shield is down he will continue doing melee attacks on the MT. After 10 seconds he will resume his Needle Spines. After 20 seconds the first Impaling Spine comes, after 40 seconds the 2nd Impaling Spine, and after 60 seconds the next Tidal Shield pops up.

Rinse and Repeat then collect your loots.

Class Comments
Tanks - Get at least 10 seconds and make sure you have solid aggro before DPS begins. They'll be DPSing like mad so you must hold aggro as much as possible.

DPS - Give it your best DPS. The faster he goes down, the less strain on your heals and the more chance you'll kill him before your healers go out of mana. Don't pull aggro from the MT no matter what.

Healers - This is one of the most healing intensive fights in the game. Every 60 seconds the entire raid will take 8,500 damage while in between those 60 seconds, a minimum of 2.5k damage will be flying around all the time. Use Alchemy Stones, Flasks, Mana Pots, Shadow Priests if you have to, but keep everybody above 8,500 before the Tidal Shield bursts; keep people alive and don't go out of mana.

Youtube Video Strats
Melee P.o.V

Healer P.o.V (skip to 1:24 for the beginning of the fight)

Ranged (Mage) P.o.V
Steam: Dryness Wii Code: 0334 1765 2067 2259 Last.FM: Dryness

PSN ID: Atomik_Penguin

minislap
Character Name(s): Slapscruffy

Re: [BT Strat]High Warlord Naj'entus

Post by minislap » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 am

stupak

Post by stupak » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:51 am

Anyone can look at boss strats on wowwiki or boss killers, gotta put in rtard form for our raid.
Ando wrote:I think you dicks can handle it yourselves. No need to get 100 other dicks in the bag ;)
Dryness wrote:I mean, you're not dead or in jail yet after all the shit you've done. So it's gotta be skills.

Dryness
Site Admin
Character Name(s): Dryness, Wetness
Batletag: Dryness#1478

Post by Dryness » Fri May 02, 2008 7:17 am

Bump for the r-tards.
Full strat, 3 videos from 3 different points of view. Melee, Ranged and Healing.
Steam: Dryness Wii Code: 0334 1765 2067 2259 Last.FM: Dryness

PSN ID: Atomik_Penguin

Muksis
Character Name(s): Muksis

Post by Muksis » Fri May 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Hope everyone KNOWS this fight like the back of their hand.

Remember its your job as members to learn the strats not mine to teach them too you as we go..
When WoW players get together in large groups, it’s called a raid. Because when you have no motor, people or communication skills, the best thing to do is glue yourself to 24 identical morons. Now that you have 25 mouths screaming different curses and 50 feet running in different directions, you have a perfect simulation of every birth defect and psychological disorder known to science, and are ready for a grand adventure!

Anewak
Character Name(s): Anewak
Gathererer
Little
Sneakster
Anewaker
Gamertag: Anewak

Post by Anewak » Fri May 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Read it all.

Watched it all.

Read and watched two Shadow Priest-specific versions too.

All set!

Ori*n
Funkmaster General
Character Name(s): [armory]Orionsole[/armory]
[armory]Orinsole[/armory]
[armory]Apokolips[/armory]
[armory]Orithana[/armory]
[armory]Apokolyps[/armory]
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n » Sat May 10, 2008 1:36 am

On Sunday -

I will take some Primal Water from the GBank and start making 5pots at a time...high probability that I proc a cauldron.

Regardless - we will have some for the raid.

Also - is there a macro for throwing the spike? Or do people need to pull it from their inventory?
[armory gearlist]Orionsole[/armory]
------------------------------------------------------------
It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

Dandin

Post by Dandin » Sat May 10, 2008 2:38 am

Ori*n wrote:On Sunday -

I will take some Primal Water from the GBank and start making 5pots at a time...high probability that I proc a cauldron.

Regardless - we will have some for the raid.

Also - is there a macro for throwing the spike? Or do people need to pull it from their inventory?
I'm sure you can make a /use macro - but I've read in some strats that people just click it from their inventory... also didn't Tast discover the recipe for the cauldron? I could have sworn he had.

Ori*n
Funkmaster General
Character Name(s): [armory]Orionsole[/armory]
[armory]Orinsole[/armory]
[armory]Apokolips[/armory]
[armory]Orithana[/armory]
[armory]Apokolyps[/armory]
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n » Sat May 10, 2008 2:45 am

He popped the Nature Cauldron...maybe the Shadow...he can't make Frost pots...
[armory gearlist]Orionsole[/armory]
------------------------------------------------------------
It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

Anewak
Gathererer
Little
Sneakster
Anewaker

Post by Anewak » Sat May 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Can I add PW:S to my total health? =P

Anewak
Gathererer
Little
Sneakster
Anewaker

Post by Anewak » Sat May 10, 2008 8:19 pm

This is what I have come up with, but I just figured I'd ask you all to see what you'd suggest.

If I stick up PW:S when bubble is burst, I absorb an extra 1.5k dmg (basically I calculate it as having +1.5k extra health in that moment of time)

With my fort and gift (+14 stats), I have 8391 health, with food, 8691 health.

What I thought up was...I have tokens to switch for PvP helm (S1 Gladiator) and PvP pants (S2 Gladiator). As well, if I switch out a ring for Fused nethergon (to help with loss of +hit and stamina), I should have around...

9820 health. if I don't use pvp pants and stick with Arcane Annihilation, I'll have 9500.

All in all, it's an expensive transaction and hits my DPS but I gain the health...

Anyway, should I make all these adjustments to gain as much health as possible, or for advice sake (I don't ask that much!) does anyone have a better opinion? Say, only switch out helm, or only ring, or two things...keep in mind, PW:S can be used to absorb damage (though it will hurt my mana supply over time).

I've tried my best to get better gear without resorting to PvP, but it's all I could get under the circumstances =(

Forlyn

Post by Forlyn » Sun May 11, 2008 3:27 am

If you don't survive the explosion, you won't be doing ANY DPS. Get some HP gear. :P
Forlyn - 80 prot warrior
Flareblitz - 70 tablemaker
Rezi - 80 resto shammy

Dandin

Post by Dandin » Sun May 11, 2008 3:31 am

Anewak wrote:if I don't use pvp pants and stick with Arcane Annihilation, I'll have 9500.
I'd say to do this at the very least - remember 10k health is recommended. Better to live and do slightly less dps - also remember that this boss is not a dps check.

scott
Character Name(s): .

Post by scott » Sun May 11, 2008 5:14 am

Anewak wrote:This is what I have come up with, but I just figured I'd ask you all to see what you'd suggest.

If I stick up PW:S when bubble is burst, I absorb an extra 1.5k dmg (basically I calculate it as having +1.5k extra health in that moment of time)

What I thought up was...I have tokens to switch for PvP helm (S1 Gladiator) and PvP pants (S2 Gladiator). As well, if I switch out a ring for Fused nethergon (to help with loss of +hit and stamina), I should have around...

9820 health. if I don't use pvp pants and stick with Arcane Annihilation, I'll have 9500.

All in all, it's an expensive transaction and hits my DPS but I gain the health...

Anyway, should I make all these adjustments to gain as much health as possible, or for advice sake (I don't ask that much!) does anyone have a better opinion? Say, only switch out helm, or only ring, or two things...keep in mind, PW:S can be used to absorb damage (though it will hurt my mana supply over time).

I've tried my best to get better gear without resorting to PvP, but it's all I could get under the circumstances =(

you are a shadow priest your sole purpose is to survive and provide mana for your group. NOT to be top of the dps meter. you are there for raid utility nothing more.
Grib while talking in vent about angels pictures "My friends this is where boners come from!" "although if i was going to date her id have to break up with my hand." "i guarantee within the next 5 years i will bang her."

Muksis
Character Name(s): Muksis

Post by Muksis » Sun May 11, 2008 6:46 am

Anewak wrote:This is what I have come up with, but I just figured I'd ask you all to see what you'd suggest.

My disclaimer so no one gets all EMO with me.. <<THis is not an attack this is a question>>

I tried to go over this with you a week or so ago and you were very against what I was suggesting due to the damage loss. Why wait till the day of the raid to ask ?

that being said.

Here goes

You have said that you are threat capped because our tanks can't hold your agro, if thats the case then you can afford to give up damage to pick up STAM for the fights that lay ahead of us. just my opinion. You also may want to talk to scott he has been raiding a shadow priest for quite some time and can help

<<< End of disclaimer>>>

now this may sound bad but I just want people to understand my pain this IMHO was too late to ask when we knew this boss was coming over a week ago. And when I told you it was coming you said you would worry about it when we get to that point and if you got benched for not being ready oh well. This is the type of thing that I try to avoid happening. Last min rush arounds and lack of planning is never a good thing.. I hope you understand why I get so irritated. Now imagine being me and trying to help the 15+ others that wait till the last min to get gear or consumables or didn't read the strat ..
When WoW players get together in large groups, it’s called a raid. Because when you have no motor, people or communication skills, the best thing to do is glue yourself to 24 identical morons. Now that you have 25 mouths screaming different curses and 50 feet running in different directions, you have a perfect simulation of every birth defect and psychological disorder known to science, and are ready for a grand adventure!