Latest and Greatest from House Sole
Dryness
Site Admin
Character Name(s): Dryness, Wetness
Batletag: Dryness#1478

And we're back...

Post by Dryness »

Hi gang,

As some of you likely noticed, earlier today the site appears to have been compromised. I'm still getting to the bottom of things, but it seems to only have been a simple find and replace, rather than a "fuck all our shit up".

So, bright side, things are back to normal. No data has been lost and there's no indication that your personal information has been obtained (outside of what you made publicly available). Further, all passwords are securely hashed, so there's no reason to be overly concerned.

On the not so bright side, I've got to try getting to the bottom of what happened. I have my suspicions, and I've taken care of what may have been the source... but I've been putting off cleaning things up around here until I have a day or two free to dedicate to it... but it appears that will be starting sooner than I expected.

Anyways... everything has been re-uploaded from one of my local backups, and additional precautionary measures have been implemented.

Carry on, but let me know if you have any other questions/concerns and I'll do my best to address them.

EDIT: I found the source. Turns out, it's all my fault. Fuck. Everything should be clean now, but I'm going to keep an eye on things for the next few days to make sure it stays that way.
Steam: Dryness Wii Code: 0334 1765 2067 2259 Last.FM: Dryness

PSN ID: Atomik_Penguin
Dram
Character Name(s): [armory]Dramadin[/armory]

Re: And we're back...

Post by Dram »

Thanks Dry.
'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
Zenar
Character Name(s): Zenara - Druid
Zhyera - Paladin
Gamertag: FullMetalSumo

Post by Zenar »

Thanks Dry! ^^
Maahes0
Character Name(s): Setet, Nunet, Nepthyss, Keket, Anuke
Batletag: Maahes0#1196

Post by Maahes0 »

Yay! Thanks for the quick work!
/cast [@Leeharveyoswald] Misdirect
/cast [@JFK] Aimed Shot
/cast Feign Death
/cast Camouflage
/3 OMG He just killed Kennedy! That Bastard!
Nimaji
Character Name(s): Inijma,
Imajin,
Maijin,
Minjai,
Nimaji
Gamertag: jaiminx2
Batletag: Nimhaji#1633

Post by Nimaji »

Good catch, and way to bring things back. This was at the top of the page when I first opened the homepage in Chrome:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/41/d252103388/htdocs/main.php:3)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/41/d252103388/htdocs/main.php:3)

~jtk2
Gearscore is like a bikini. What it reveals is suggestive, what it conceals is vital, and what it does is generally distracting.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

temet nosce.

"There's nuts in everything I eat."
-Morixi
Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Hmm... that shouldn't be happening... I thought I had fixed that the other night and I'm not seeing it now...
Looking into it.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

Nimaji
Character Name(s): Inijma,
Imajin,
Maijin,
Minjai,
Nimaji
Gamertag: jaiminx2
Batletag: Nimhaji#1633

Post by Nimaji »

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wowhead/includes/wowhead_armory.php on line 901: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wowhead/includes/wowhead_armory.php on line 878: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wowhead/includes/wowhead_armory.php on line 792: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wowhead/includes/wowhead_armory.php on line 901: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wowhead/includes/wowhead_armory.php on line 878: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wowhead/includes/wowhead_armory.php on line 792: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4744: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4746: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4748: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)

This appeared again the other night, and again today when I was viewing new posts.

~jtk2
Gearscore is like a bikini. What it reveals is suggestive, what it conceals is vital, and what it does is generally distracting.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

temet nosce.

"There's nuts in everything I eat."
-Morixi
Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Yeah, that happens. I was supposed to do things on the site over my vacation, but then I got distracted by the fact that I didn't have to do fuck-all for 3 weeks and slipped into a coma.

That message should only happen the first time a new person uses the [ armory ] or [ character ] tags, and go away after. I'm going to fix the tooltips (for really reals) in a bit to stop that from happening.

Nate
Character Name(s): Shaminate, Halucinate, Inxane, Altornate, Illeminate

Post by Nate »

Dry! Can we fix these spammers? I'm banning email, IP, and UN with mass delete but they keep coming back >.<
Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Tiny victories!

@Nim
You should never see those errors again... ever. I've finally replaced the broken tooltips with a newer, though less robust, solution.
Right now, character names are not coloured by class, though I hope to find a solution to that in a bit. Additionally, the only thing you can pull up are characters (though there's support for much more).

@Nate
Think I found a solution that should work now going forward. If more spammers come through, delete the messages, but *don't* delete the user.

Zenar
Character Name(s): Zenara - Druid
Zhyera - Paladin
Gamertag: FullMetalSumo

Post by Zenar »

I've been banning the users and IPs want me to stop that?
Dryness
Site Admin

Post by Dryness »

Mods (p funk or officer groups) should now have an extra button on every post which allows you to delete the message and flag it as spam.
You shouldn't need to use it at all, as I have relatively high hopes for the new spam filter (it came highly recommended from a friend who manages a much larger forum) so... fingers crossed.
-----
Oooh! Another victory! Linked characters using either [ armory ], [ recruit ] or [character ] tags now show the class colour, m/f and class icons! For some reason it doesn't show until after you've moused over it though... I'll have to figure that one out later.