Forums lol.

Patch 3.0.2 LIVE

Latest and Greatest from House Sole
minislap
Character Name(s): Slapscruffy

Re: Patch 3.0.2 LIVE

Post by minislap »

I hear ya. If you want to see some funny shit log on to the WoW website and take a gander at the warlock calss forums. It is insane there. I have never seen so many pissed off people lol.. Unless they make some serious changes to locks they will be virtually useless in pve raiding. We might use one speced affliction for raid utility but the days of locks being anywhere near the top on damage meters is over... Other classes got serious buffs while the lock class had their whole class mechanics changed and a significant nerf.
Ori*n
Funkmaster General
Character Name(s): [armory]Orionsole[/armory]
[armory]Orinsole[/armory]
[armory]Apokolips[/armory]
[armory]Orithana[/armory]
[armory]Apokolyps[/armory]
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n »

The Blizz response was that they always intended for Warlocks to be a "pet" class and the changes put more emphasis on incorporating the pets...

again - I have little understanding of how it works...
[armory gearlist]Orionsole[/armory]
------------------------------------------------------------
It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin
Brad
Character Name(s): Annarinden, Bradsole, Apollos, Deathnoob
Gamertag: really BAD BRAD
Batletag: Baal#1597

Post by Brad »

Well O this is basically the biggest nerf ever. Mainly because they changed the class mechanics without actually changing the gear that is warlock only. We went from a class with no need for mana regen because we had life tap which traded hp for mana, so our gear has always had a huge amount of stam on it. So this patch rolls around and they decided that warlocks need to be like mages and priests and be dependent on mana. So they change a lot of the spells around and so on, but they never switched the gear around, so until the xpac actually comes out Warlocks are useless because they will run out of mana in like 30 seconds depending on the spec. Its really stupid.
Ori*n
Funkmaster General
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n »

That makes sense Brad - obviously it makes current gear irrelevant.

The question I have is - are locks jumping ship then prematurely? Granted leveling isn't as "easy" with the gear nerf - but does it remain to be seen that new gear drops along the way will offset?

Or does the change force additional competition with Mages and Spriests as well? I can see that Blizz is trying to levelize mechanics - but if they felt locks were OP in TBC - then this to some degree brings you "back to the pack."

Unless I am overlooking something.

Reality - Blizz is changing alot of things...they are trying to make raiding not class dependent.
Meaning - take 25 skilled players that are appropriately geared and not get warped out if classes don't balance and see success. There isn't an ideal utility mix...each class brings something but nothing is "required"

I feel somewhat the same - seeing tanking becoming levelized and bringing in the death knight for a 4th class...

Personally - we are a long ways from 80 and endgame, expecting a lot of changing between now and then, so not pushing the panic button just quite yet...
minislap
Character Name(s): Slapscruffy

Post by minislap »

Why would you be panicing? Prot warriors got some of the most rediculous buffs of any class. You can do almost as much damage as a fury warrior now and you still retain all of your tanking abilities not to mentioned your ability to generate threat has almost doubled.

The problem with warlocks IMO is not so much that we were nerfed, which we were, but its the fact that our class was nerfed while giving tremendous buffs to all of the other classes. I can see trying to lvl the playing field but it seems they leveled the playing field then buried warlocks underneath it.

I am pretty sure you have not read up on the deathknight. If they have any tanking role at all it will be similar to a prot pally. AOE tanking. They have pretty much no ability to do sustained tanking on an actual boss they will have an off tank or situational AOE tanking role.

Judging by posts by people who have played in beta, warlock dps at lvl 80 is still pretty terrible. Most who have done lvl 80 raids in beta say warlocks rank near dead last on almost all boss fights. So there really isn't much to be optomistic about unless blizzard makes some serious changes to the class....
Ori*n
Funkmaster General
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n »

That sux...especially if you really enjoyed playing your lock. Obviously you have a lot in your stable to choose from and you will most likely land on your feet and enjoy whichever class you choose...as you said, others may not be as fortunate...especially if they were single class focused.

I agree - my warrior got huge bumps. Ifully expect them to nerf prot before its all done as well...\

We'll see what happens - looking forward to you learning Resto...
Brad
Character Name(s): Annarinden, Bradsole, Apollos, Deathnoob
Gamertag: really BAD BRAD
Batletag: Baal#1597

Post by Brad »

Yeah I really enjoyed playing my lock, but it just seems that everyone has the "NERF WARLOCKS THEY ARE TOO OP!@!@!!" mentality. I'm pretty sure unless they change some of the stuff around, they'll be a dead class. While I don't deal it as a complete nerf, they really just changed the talents around and made it more dimensional for each spec. Demo is raid utility and Affliction is just pretty much the same except some new spiffy things, while changing Destruction around so its more of a fire spec rather than a shadow or fire thing. Imo the change to a spirit based class is really what fucked the class up. If they would have kept the warlock mechanics the same and just did a revamp of the talents doing the little nerfs here and there to certain things, I believe we'd be fine.
Ori*n
Funkmaster General
[armory]
Noiro
[/armory]

Post by Ori*n »

Main thing is Blizz got lazy with gear itemization and wanted to centralize all of the Cloth DPS gear around INT... my thoughts anyways...
Nate
Character Name(s): Shaminate, Halucinate, Inxane, Altornate, Illeminate

Post by Nate »

pretty sure orion has it right, blizz got lazy and eliminated different gear sets, ie.. enhance shammys working off agil instead of strength now, spell power, hell i lost the hex shrunken head to a healer in za last night cuz its "spell power' fuckin tools!
Nekara

Post by Nekara »

Poor Nate :evil: you should give me their name ill go hunt them down and take care of it! No Bueno on the lock issue, I cant wait to get internet that is stable again to even try out the new spec I gave Nekara. Had the net long enough to give hair cuts to the girls and new talent trees how fucked up is that? I still wanna play Bella in the xpac! I'm told I have great potential and heck druids used to be the no vaseline used fucked class so why not play another one :lol: .
"Is Every Damn Women In This Damn Hell Hole Out Of Her Damn Mind?"
"No Sir, We're Just Equipped"
-The Women of House Sole